Tuesday, May 10, 2011

After we came back from a road trip over the weekend our house had warmed up to 86F. We started the AC to only find it not cooling the house. I called Air Tech on Monday (late morning) to see if it was possible for them to send someone for an inspection as soon as possible and they sent someone within a few hours of my call. Steve, opened the compressor unit outside and found the capacitor had exploded, the heat caused some insulation melt for a few wires, and the compressor rattled. He gave me all my options, answered all my questions and recommended that I replace the compressor with a comparable/slightly better unit. He did not pressure me into buying nor did he try to "over fix" the issue by trying to sell other services. While installing the new unit, the technicians identified another issue with the meter in the electric coil and worked on resolving the issue without any additional charges. Will definitely use them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment